How did you find out about the community? If it's through an LJ user, please tell us who it is (individual user if possible, not just a community name!): Just through an LJ search :)
All About You
1. Describe your ideal house/home. Please go into as much detail as possible, and be sure to include your ideal geographical location in the description!.
Well, I love the snow. It's cold, but it's really pretty. I don't wanna be out in the snow, but I'd love a house in a place where I can admire it. Nothing big and castle-y because that sounds like it would get lonely after awhile. I was a small place I could share with my fiance (maybe children in the future O.O) It would need to be comfortable. A few rooms, a nice kitchen (because I love cooking) and isolated so I could have privacy. A fireplace to light when it gets cold to sit in front of and read or cuddle or both. A place to store my books. Basically, just a really simple, comfortable, and cozy house where I can have privacy from the hustle and bustle, but still very comfortable. I don't wanna be roughing it XD
2. Imagine you’re given the classic opportunity: a genie granting you three wishes. What would you wish for? Please be as elaborate as you can. Wishing for more wishes is not permitted!
Oh, damn. I have no clue. I'd probably only make 2 wishes then never make the third wish out of fear of wasting it. Alright, well, I guess I'll try XD
1- This one is a bit selfish, but, eh XD Enough money to live comfortably. Money is something I've never really seemed to have enough of and, well, as long as having some isn't hurting anyone, I'd like to have enough to not have to continue stressing about it.
2- Okay, well, this one is corny, but I'd want a way for poverty or homelessness or starvation to be eliminated. I know it's not a perfect world, but I'd want the genie to make that happen. A little bit corny I guess, but if I had an all powerful genie able to do that, I'd want it to happen.
3- Ummm, I have no clue XD This is where I'd be tempted to say more wishes just because I don't know what else I could possibly want. I suppose I'd wish for me and my fiance and any future children to always be healthy and never get life threateningly ill or hurt badly.
3. In your life so far, what accomplishment are you the most proud of? Why? You can list more than one if you have trouble deciding. ;)
Graduating high school and moving out. It's not that I'm unintelligent, but I had a lot of shit going on throughout those years that I don't really want to get into too much. I almost didn't make it, but in my senior year I spent almost all my time studying or at school or just doing my very best to graduate, I in the end I got a full ride to college and graduated with honors. So, that's my greatest accomplish thus far.
4. Which of the following is most important to you: Love, Money, Knowledge, Family, Friendship, Adventure, or Pleasure? Which is the least important to you? Please explain why for each choice.
The most important to me would have to be love. Love implies something so much stronger than just friendship and honestly, I think you should love everyone. Family just isn't overly important to me because I've had issues with my family and I just don't really get along with them. You can survive with money, and knowledge, while important, can't ever replace love. I tried to be happy by myself with my studies and learning things, but that's an awful lonely life. I see pleasure as coming with everything there. Love is forever and, while everything else is important, I think everyone needs love. Not to survive maybe, but to stay sane and happy. And, in the end, I think everyone needs to seek out happiness and do what makes them happy.
The least important to me is pleasure. Everything listed can give you pleasure and, while a bit of hedonism is acceptable and maybe even necessary, seeking pleasure as the most important thing in your life is a reckless way to live and will hurt the people around you.
5. What's one quote (or passage, song lyric, etc.) that effectively describes you and your values? Explain.
I was having trouble choosing between a couple, so I posted two :)
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
You have to live life to the fullest. It's too short to not live it the way you should. Be happy, live for yourself, and don't hurt anyone in the process.
I also like this quote from the "The Poison Tree" by William Blake
"I was angry with my foe:
I told it not, my wrath did grow.
And I watered it in fears,
Night and morning with my tears;"
It's the same vein as the other, in that it's life advice. Don't hold a grudge, move on with your life, and forgive. Holding in anger and fear and secrets will do nothing but poison you and hurt those around you. Let stuff go. That's important to me. I can't hold a grudge and I don't believe in letting your anger grow to ridiculous heights until you hurt someone.
6. How do you manage your money? On that note, how important is money/financial security to you? Go into as much detail as you can.
The only class I ever failed was Macroeconomics. I hated it. If it's in dollars, I don't understand it. So, in response to not understanding it, I save every penny I can. I'm cheap as hell. I realize that money is a necessity and that we need it and I like living comfortably, however, it's not the most important thing to me and I know I can survive with very little.
7. Name (and elaborate on) some of your hobbies. What are your favorite things to do outside of school/the office?
Well, school takes up most of the my time XD But, I love to read. I spend lots and lots of time doing that. There's something comforting about being able to curl up with a book and get lost in fantasy world for awhile.
I also love to write. I like having something in my mind and being able to write it down and put it on paper and bringing it to life. There's something incredible about it. I'm too shy to show my writing to people, but I do write a ton.
I enjoy swimming. I don't do it competitively, but I've been a lifeguard and it's super relaxing for me to be able to get in the water and just swim around.
8. Name three things you are afraid of. Explain.
1- Being alone. I spent a lot of time all alone and it never really bothered me, but now that I've seen what it's like to have someone else in my life, I don't want to go back to that.
2- I have very bad social anxiety. So, situations like driving or being a crowd is very frightening to me. I'd rather just sit at home with a good book than go out.
3- Death. A little bit obvious. I don't wanna die XD
9. Name (and elaborate on) your top three BEST and top three WORST qualities (personality-related, not physical). Please answer as fully as you can, as this is an important question.
1. Caring. I care about others and I do everything in my ability to try and help people.
2. Honest. I do my very best to always be honest with everyone. In the past I wasn't great about telling people what was going on, but in the past few years, I feel like it' something I've really improved on. I've also found that lying does nothing but make things worse.
Okay, on a serious note, I'm open-minded. I accept anyone and everyone, regardless of, well, anything to be honest. I'm willing to listen to most anyone's thoughts (... but when I don't agree with them I'll argue like nothing else.)
1. I'm very shy. I have trouble being near people and communicating properly with them. I tend to just stand around quietly, which makes a lot people think I'm stuck-up, but I'm really just shy
2. Stubborn. I get into arguments and refuse to back down even when I know that I'm wrong, I just keep arguing.
3. Argumentative. Goes along with stubborn I guess. I pick arguments even when I know I shouldn't, correct people on little things, and can and will argue about absolutely anything.
A Song of Ice and Fire Related
1.How many books from the series have you completed?
I've read the first 4 and got through have of a book 5, when I realized I'd forgotten everything from the first books and I'm currently doing a reread.
2.Who are your favorite three characters in the series? Why?
Only 3? O.O Damn. Okay. I'll try XD
Jon- I just love his loyalty and character. He's one of the very few just good characters that gives a feeling of hope to the books. Also, I love his plot line and story and all the stuff up at the wall.
Jaime- Gah, I don't know why I love him, I just do. Around book 3 when he was travelling with Brienne, I just fell in love with him. Yeah, he fucked his sister and pushed a child out a window, but overall I think he's an okay guy and his character is amazingly complicated, which I love. The more complex the better XD
Varys- Okay, this is a bit of a weird one to be in the top three, but I really like him. He has so much power and knowing that he's risen from nothing just makes him that much better. His story is just so interesting and I want to know so much about him.
3.Who are your least favorite three characters in the series? Why?
Ramsey Snow- (Okay, I'm going to try and not curse.) He is the epitome of evil. Completely sadistic and awful and I want him to die in a fiery pit of all the horribleness and torture he's inflicted on people.
Craster- He rapes and marries his daughters. Sick twisted SOB. He's awful. Just... gah. There's not words for how absolutely sick he is.
Walder Frey- Again, twisted SOB. Also, the Red Wedding. They took his bread and salt and then he ruined the king in then north, which I wanted to happen soooooo badly. I think everyone did. But, then, it was ruined.
4.#1 Favorite moment in all of ASOIAF so far? Why?
When Jon gives Arya Needle. It's a simple, little scene. But, it still has a ring of hope and happiness, but there's such a feel of adventure with everyone leaving. You think it might still turn out alright, despite Bran and it's the last time you really get to see the amazing relationship between Jon and Arya.
5. In your dream-world, how would you like to see the series end, and why?
The cynic in me wants the white walkers to break past the Wall cause no believes them Night's Watch and won't send them men. Then the White Walker come and kill everyone. I'd be okay with that XD
I'd like Ned to come back and put things right and everyone live happily. But, that's not going to happen.
I suppose on a serious note, though, I'd want Stannis to take over. As far as the kings, he has the best claim to the throne and I like him better than everyone else. He's honest and harsh, but just and I really love Melisandre. And Davos. He's great, too. I want all the Stark children back together like this should be, I want to figure out what's going on with Bran and see more about wargs.